Friday, September 17, 2010

Need a New PSU and Graphic Card for my A1640n Hp PC?

Can someone Recommend me a Graphic Card for my HP A1640n? A Power Supply would be nice too.

I'm thinking of playing Halo 2 at 1280x1024 Max Settings.



Here is the review website:

http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/hp-pavi...

Need a New PSU and Graphic Card for my A1640n Hp PC?

I'm not sure roughly your specific motherboard model. The website you provided recommends using ATI Radeon X1300 or Nvidia's GeForce 7300 graphics card (indicating you own a PCI-express slot on the motherboard). Now, I personally hold the 7300, and I like it. It is a budget videocard, don't win me wrong. But I paid in the region of $100 for it 6 months ago, and I can't complain. It works well for everything I hold encountered to date. For Halo, you might want a more expensive card. but scant. These things can run into the $400+ range.



For that computer... I'd recommend at lowest possible a 450-watt power supply. Core 2 Duo, SATA Hard drive, and a high shutting down graphics card will all consume slightly a bit of power. An Antec NeoPower 500-watt power supply should be good, for what you want to do.



I don't come up with you HAVE to buy these from HP, but then again, I'm not sure. I know Dell make their own custom power supplies, but I'm not sure about HP.



[This is why I build my computers from chisel, hehe.]



Anyways, have fun, and appropriate luck!
You will need to buy them from HP, individual the things from HP, will work in an HP system.


No comments:

Post a Comment