Friday, September 17, 2010

No Video signal Is it possible the AGP slot on the Motherboard is broken?

I thought it be the Graphics Card so i swapped out for one I know works and still no video signal. The computer powers on and the CD drive open and closes but no video signal. All fans are blowing so I know I am getting power only no video signal. Yes the Moniter works perfect on the other computer so I guess it's the Motherboard? I a short time ago don't want to replace the motherboard and find out it's something else. I already unhooked the board and put everything back contained by. Thought maybe a loose screw be behind the motherboard. The computer be fine for years before this. I a short time ago don't want to buy another Mother Board. Is there some course to find out if it's the AGP slot that's broken? Or am I just going to enjoy to shell out for another MOBO.

No Video signal Is it possible the AGP slot on the Motherboard is broken?

Have you checked in the bios to generate sure the AGP slot is enabled and it's running at the correct speed ?
did you install the driver/software before you installed the hardware? to be exact a common mistake. also connect your monitor to your on-board video next you can configure it from there after the driver/software and hardware installations.


No comments:

Post a Comment